Man None. History prisoner SBU
History Vakaruka Nicholas, one of the prisoners so-called SBU secret prison.
Security Service of Ukraine continues to illegally hold civilians suspected of collaborating with separatists in order to share in the Ukrainian prisoners of war, said international human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.
In SBU denied these claims, but, on the human rights of information, after the publication of their report last July 21 of the prisoners were freed.
The correspondent was able to talk with one of them, writes Igor Burdyga №33 in publications from September 2, 2016.
According to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, in an informal prison, located in the building of the Kharkiv regional management of the SBU, there are at least five inmates.
Another 13 people were released after the publication of the previous report in July, you do not exist. It talked about the human rights of illegal detention and torture resorted to as the self-proclaimed republics separatists and Ukrainian government officials. Security Service of Ukraine on August 29 once again called false information on the informal prison.
34 year old Nicholas Vakaruk from a small town Ukrain Donetsk region was released on July 25th. We meet him a month later – on the Independence Day.
In an interview in neighboring Ukrainian city Selidovo former miner, who retired in 2010 after a serious injury, coming on an old Lada 99 th model.
He says he bought a used car just a couple of weeks ago on the accumulated during the arrest of recourse payments – in prison, he spent nearly 19 months.
Vakaruk knowingly disclose the name and details of the case, wanting to make an investigation of his arrest
Vakaruk knowingly disclose the name and details of the case, wanting to make an investigation of his arrest. The editors asked the SBU to comment on his story and is ready to publish the response agencies as soon as it is made available.
December 9, 2014 about six o’clock in the evening in an apartment in the Ukrainian Vakaruka, where he lived with his wife and two children, a knock. By the door came the eldest son, he was at that time was 14 years old.
– He said, “Dad, there’s the police at the door”. I went to open it, I think: the police as the police, I have no such problems with the law is not – says Vakaruk.
He knew that two days earlier had arrested his former colleague at the mine, MP Victor Ashihin local council. Ashihin was one of the organizers of the separatist “referendum” in the Ukrainian in May, 2014. Vakaruk himself, in his words, the referendum did not take, though he considered himself at that time opponent of the Kiev authorities:
– My political position in any specific actions do not show. Yes, I have had friends who have moved by the time in Donetsk, some of them fought for the “DNR”, with some of them sometimes I called up an old friend. With Ashihin and detained with him Larissa Aheeva we occasionally met and discussed the current situation.
Opening the door of the apartment, Vakaruk saw several men in camouflage unmarked in Balaklava. Entered clarified his name and, without presenting any documents, they began a search of the apartment.
– I say, guys, let’s just quietly, I have two children, the youngest was still two years was not, – says Vakaruk. – Begins in a hut shakedown for the cut. I say, I do not have any crop. He showed them the pistol chambered for Flaubert, resolution, and another air. Two phones cling: one my dvuhsimny, another son. Withdraw purse, wallet, and there -. $ 3 thousand I only received compensation for injury, I heard that the hryvnia devalued and bought dollars. My wife just tightened home. They give her my wallet – they say that you have enough, and there is 500 UAH and cards.
The search lasted about half an hour. Then the men in camouflage ordered the man to follow them. Already in the street handcuffed, put in a Volkswagen Transporter van, his head shook their black bag. The minibus Vakaruka hit several times by the liver and promised that “will now be a different story.” He asked about a Ashihin contacts Aheeva and other alleged members of an organized group of some separatists, in particular, with Margarita Shmakova, delayed on the same day.
– For a while we were circling the streets, but I knew the voice prompts for navigation, car rides in Krasnoarmeysk, the building of the city management of the SBU. There we arrived hours to 9 pm. I was put in a cell and told to “think before morning.” And I think, I think there is nothing. In the morning I started interrogation. Two were for civilian, but in Balaklava – they asked questions. Well, all sorts of passing – the couple, the trio go broke. They already were visible chevrons battalion Dnepr 1 iDonbass. Passed by and kicked on the back by ten minutes. They knew that I disabled the second group, I had a plate in his head – confiscated license.
Ask where you can beat with no plates? At about four days I have heard in the next room shouting Shmakov.
They ask, do you want your wife right now to shout to be? I say, do not want that for this to be done?
Vakaruk argues that under the dictation of the investigator wrote a confession that corrected separatist shelling, passed in the “DNR” information about the movements of the Ukrainian military and “preparing provocations”
Vakaruk argues that under the dictation of the investigator wrote a confession that corrected shelling separatist, aired in “DNI” information about the movements of the Ukrainian military and “preparing provocations” in the liberated territory of Donetsk region. Then I read the writing on the camera. After that, the evening of the 10th of December, he again put a sack on his head, was loaded into a car and driven to Kramatorsk.
In Kramatorsk him again interviewed the investigator, but most of the time spent in the basement Vakaruk SBU municipal government – in cramped, unheated cells, where in December froze the water in circles. December 15 he was taken from Kramatorsk and taken to Kharkiv.
You’re a prisoner of war, you go on exchange
In Kharkov Vakaruk a while he could not understand where he was brought specifically. However, once in the camera, learned from other prisoners that is on the second floor of the building of the regional management of the SBU in the street Myronositskaya 2. After liberation Vakaruk thoroughly studied satellite images of the building on Google Maps and identified views and part of the yard, in that they were taken out for a walk.
– A total of eight cameras. I was originally settled in the second. Go into a camera – on the door of the feeder, with the left side of the toilet curtained, at the end of two windows – one open, one not. And six bunk beds – are normal beds, mattresses euros.
As cameras have nothing to say, compared to Kramatorsk Krasnoarmeysk and I arrived in paradise – warm and good.
Vakaruk claims that his arrival on the floor contained a few dozen people. Among those detained was dominated by participants Kharkov Antimaydana
Vakaruk claims that his arrival on the floor contained a few dozen people. Among those detained was dominated by participants Kharkov Antimaydana – according Vakaruka, they regularly called in for questioning and was severely beaten in the shower. It arrived from other cities were treated much softer, yet the guards occasionally exerted moral pressure distorts valves machines, sprayed pepper spray through “feeder” cells.
– I pulled on the first interrogation only 23 of December. Well, I think it was in the legal field, there is already possible to communicate, compete somehow. But the investigator read my testimony, and said so, all this rubbish any lawyer in court in half an hour fell apart. You said, a prisoner of war, you go to the exchange. Well, I think so at least. The chamber had heard that the exchange is about to planned. December 26 it really happened, but we are back, left in reserve.
Vakaruk admits he and Ashihin were originally requested to exchange the separatists, but says it is personal contacts. In his opinion, such an interest
by the “DNR” played with them a cruel joke – the SBU found them ‘profitable commodity “and delayed transmission, trying to exchange more profitable. However, in 2015, “DNR” leadership began to regularly assert that the Ukrainian authorities to “push down” on the exchange of civil, rather than militant prisoners. In October 2015, according Vakaruka, prison authorities told him to call relatives and inmates to freedom with a request to influence the “Ombudsman DNI” Daria Morozova and move the exchange process from the dead point. Then Vakaruk could not get through to his wife. Exchange it did not wait.
Prison conditions seemed decent Vakaruku only at first glance. – The food was very bad. In the morning give two pieces of bread and tea. More precisely is not tea, but something similar – as a compote, and when brewed with branches of trees.
At lunchtime soup or porridge from the cheapest cereals without butter or any seasoning. On the evening of the same soup and tea. From medicines – analgin, if any. Cigarette smoking, by itself, no, but these are trifles.
Even the toilet paper, I’m sorry, it was not. Washed in the shower once a week, one bar of soap. And even then, you had to scare the guard that lice in chambers zavedutsya. Walking once a week did not begin until May 2, 2015 – so far we have not seen neither light nor air. May 12 one of the guards brought a small car TV, we have set up and were glad at least some source of information.
Deputy Chief Nicholas Sanych regime kept saying that we do not put anything, we are not here and we all disembodied spirits. It turns out that almost disembodied – in prison, I lost 30 kg
In general, the deputy chief Nikolai Sanych regime kept saying that we do not put anything, we are not here and we all disembodied spirits. It turns out that almost disembodied – in prison, I lost 30 kg.
In October 2015 at the Vakaruka opened renal disease – according to him, because of the beatings in Krasnoarmeysk and cold chambers Kramatorsk. October 27 he was taken to a high temperature in the first 17 yugorodskuyuklinicheskuyubolnitsu Kharkov, and from there to the ambulance – in the intensive care unit of the Regional Clinical Center of Urology and Nephrology.
– But there was not as Vakaruk Nikolai and Ivan Sergei Petrovich. The guard even address some Kharkov called upon registration. Well, then a nurse called me and Seryozha, fed by even pity.
Under an assumed name Vakaruk spent in the hospital more than a month, there he had a kidney removed.
All this time it is constantly guarded by the SBU after surgery, he was in a private room, handcuffed to the bed.
Upon returning to the SBU building Vakaruka placed in a separate cell with Konstantin Beskorovainaya – dentist from Konstantinovka, one of the defendants in the previous report, Amnesty International. Beskorovainyi processed Vakaruku postoperative wound that does not heal.
During the stay in the SBU building Vakaruka there frequented several times checking on which prisoners tried to hide. In particular, April 20, 2016, visited the building of the Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Valeria Lutkovska.
Later she told me that on that day found no traces of the existence of the building of the prison. This is how the day Vakaruk:
– At six o’clock in the evening [for two and a half hours to visit Lutkovska] we were loaded into the bus I-VAN with tinted windows and driven to the area of Cold Mountain [Kharkov region], in the direction of the city jail. Local, who was with us, scared, thinking now be put in jail, and the case prishyut. But we brought in a courtyard, the bus stood there until almost midnight. We were released only to the toilet. When we returned, the cells were tidied up as if it were a barracks. I was in the third chamber – back, there is an ashtray, cigarette butts, “Mivina” steamed, seagulls, some coffee. As if there security rests. And then the news learned that it was a test. A month later, there was another. Then we have just taken to a nearby building, down to the basement, to the shelter and kept there. There was shooting at them, I even picked up a few shells, they kept me at home – you can check out what weapons they had shot.
At the beginning of July 2016 Vakaruk again came to the hospital for a few days. When I returned at the prison already was a rumor that in August all have to release.
– July 25 camera security guard came and said quickly gather. I thought – exchange. While shmonali things we recovered from one rooms, talking.
Freedom is more expensive by the time I was ready to admit that Kennedy was killed, just to get to the family
Ask: if you want to chance? I say: “Of course I do. Only, perhaps, yet through the exchange, and then we will again in Ukraine. I do not believe Ukraine after 600 days on lawlessness. ” Then I was offered to choose the call that it was necessary to call in the event of arrest or detention, to be transferred to the SBU. In general, it was necessary to write the receipt of the intention to cooperate with the Security Service of Ukraine, confirm it all on video. Freedom is more expensive, the time I had to admit that Kennedy is ready to kill, just to get to the family.
On the same day Vakaruka, Ashihin and four other prisoners into a car and taken to the Donetsk region. In two landed in the vicinity of Slavyansk, Kramatorsk and Druzhkovka, leaving 100 grnna travel. According Vakaruka, with Ashihin they spent their money on cheap mobile phone from which the call to his wife Ashihin. She sent a taxi for them.
For all 19 months Vakaruk talked with his wife only once – on the second day after his arrest told her that all is well with him and he is in the police. Inmates are released as a result of the exchange, told that he was all right, but the woman herself was afraid to ask them about the details.
July 28, I was summoned to the police now have in the Ukrainian. I explained everything that was in the SBU, but sledovatelnitsa like as not even heard – recorded, I do not know who has been kidnapped, and claims to no have
– The wife filed a police statement on the kidnapping of my December 17, 2014. July 28, I was summoned to the police now have in the Ukrainian. I explained everything that was in the SBU, but sledovatelnitsa like as not even heard – recorded, I do not know who has been kidnapped, and claims to no idea. But though there is information, it helps me to pass examinations to restore the regression of payments.